Friday, April 6, 2012

Merrell Road Gloves on the Road

I took the new shoes out for about 6 km this morning over mixed surfaces -- mostly concrete and asphalt, but some grass and gravel. They were every bit as good as I had hoped. They are very comfortable, even on gravel. I can feel every pebble, but the shoe offers just enough protection so there's no pain. They certainly don't give as much ground feel as the Vibram Five Fingers Classics, but I think it's a good trade-off. I like having laces so I can get a secure yet comfortable fit. The toe box is nice and roomy just like I like it. I think I've found my new everyday shoes.

I don't think I'll run my half marathon in them, though -- for 21 km, I'll need a little more shoe than this. I'll probably wear my clown shoes (Brooks Green Silence).

[update 2012/04/07]
I ran another 12 km today, and still love these shoes. I'm even thinking about the possibility wearing them for my half marathon. I'll see how I feel about it in five weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment