Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lesson not learned

My running has been spotty lately, to put it charitably, and all on treadmills and in conventional shoes. I've just recently gotten back into a bit of a routine, and on Monday decided it was time to put the FiveFingers back on and hit the treadmill. I should have known better, but I did the entire run (granted, it was only 30 minutes) in the Vibrams. This was after using only conventional shoes for the last few months. To make matters worse, when I felt my two big toes start to develop hot spots at about 25 minutes, I ignored it and kept on running. Not too bright!

Sure enough, I had blisters on both big toes. They aren't severe, and with the help of a bit of Dr. Scholl's Moleskin, I was able to run today.

If you've decided to take the minimalist shoe plunge, do as I say and not as I do: ease into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment