Thursday, January 20, 2011

Half marathon in May

I've begun training for a half Marathon. For the first time in my adult running life, I'll be following a specific training plan. I've chosen SmartCoach from the Runner's World web site. In past years, I've either trained totally haphazardly, or at best I've used the Daniels Running Formula for determining training pace. I didn't actually follow the Daniels plan, though; I might run a tempo run when I felt like it, or do repeats when I thought it might be fun.

For a runner like me (i.e., really slow, and not well-trained), I think it's more important to pick some plan - any plan - and stick to it, rather than trying to pick the perfect plan.

You can find training programs all over the internet. The Brookings Marathon web site lists a number of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment